Yamaha 577 Professional Flute
Handmade in Japan
Yamaha professional flutes are among the most highly regarded in the industry. Known for their exceptional build quality, hand-cut headjoints and impeccable intonation, these flutes offer players with amazing performance regardless of their level. The Yamaha 577 Professional Flute (587 model for in-line G) is the latest generation of design featuring even more performance value than ever before in a 500 Series flute from Yamaha.
Solid Silver Type Am Professional Headjoint
At the core of every flute’s performance is the headjoint. The Yamaha 577 flute uses a Hand-Cut, Solid Silver headjoint featuring the “Type Am” design.
Every flute we send out to a customer is not released from us unless it has been completely setup in our shop first. This is because the setup on the flute is of the utmost importance! We setup every flute, regardless of brand or price, to an adjustment standard that is in line of professional flutes. Even though the Yamaha 577 doesn’t use Straubinger pads, as a Straubinger certified shop, we still put the same care in to every flute’s performance that we would if it was a top of the line handmade flute. We know how to make the Yamaha 577 perform to its fullest potential.
|Headjoint||Solid Sterling Silver, Hand-Cut Type Am|
|Body||.015″ Nickel-Silver, Silver Plated|
|Country of Manufacture||Handmade in Japan|
|Pads||Traditional Felt Pads|
|Keys||Pointed Arm, Open Hole, Silver Plated|
|Foot||Low B (Low C optional)|
|Options||Off-Set or In-Line G
Split E Mechanism (off-set G only)
Gold Plated Lip Plate
C# Trill Key
We HIGHLY recommend the C# Trill Key option on the Yamaha 577 flutes. A flute with C# trill key can do several unique things that you cannot do without it. Here is a list of the most common:
- B to C# in the First and Second Octaves: By providing the C# with a full-sized tone hole, the intonation is better. Additionally, the two-finger trill is avoided.
- C to C# in the First and Second Octaves: Moved from the first finger left hand to the first finger right hand, the trill is generally faster and better in tune.
- High G to A in the Third Octave: Perhaps the better name for the C# trill key would be the High G to A trill key. Finger high G and trill the C# trill and the upper trill key. An otherwise awkward, treacherous, and too-common trill is made easy.
- High G to Ab: Better in tune and much more comfortable.
- High F# to G#: Finger high F# and trill the C# Trill Key. Much easier than the conventional fingering.
- High Ab to Bb: A Mahler favorite. Finger the high Ab and trill both trill keys and the C# Trill Key.
- Tremolos and Shakes: All the first octave, left-hand notes can be tremoloed with C# by just using the C# Trill Key. The same notes can be tremoloed with D natural by using the C# Trill Key and the upper trill key together.
- Pianissimo high Ab: Play second octave Ab with all the left hand keys depressed, add the C# Trill and the high Ab will appear softly and in tune.
18 Month, 0% Interest Financing!
Purchase your new Yamaha 577 Flute from Kessler & Sons using First Mutual Finance and receive special 18 Month, 0% Interest Financing!
Click Here for more information on financing program details and to apply!
18 Month, 0% Financing Option Available on New Instrument at Advertised New Price Only. Full details on financing page.
Does not apply towards Store Used Demos or Used Instruments. Demos and Used models can still be financed under standard terms.