Pearl 665 Flute – Custom Configuration
Upgraded Headjoint, C# Trill, Split E & D# Roller
The Pearl 665 flute is one of our best selling flutes. Offering customers an amazing performance and build quality, it truly is an exceptional flute. However, we here at Kessler & Sons Music always want to offer our customers a little more… so we have teamed up with Pearl in order to offer our customers an exclusive configuration of Pearl 665 flute! We are pairing the 665 with an upgraded headjoint (choice of either Forza or Brezza cut), C# Trill Key, Split E, Low B & D# Roller. Normally in the Pearl line, in order to get the C# Trill, you either have to upgrade to the Dolce line or upgrade to the Vigore packaging… both of which are more expensive. However, by offering it on this custom configuration, we are able to provide these wonderful features at a very small upgrade!
The Pearl 665 features a Solid Silver Headjoint on a silver plated body. The Quantz line is known for providing flutes with professional features at an intermediate price. Like all Pearl flutes, the Pearl 665 flute includes Pearl’s pinless mechanism and French style pointed key arm construction. This flute features:
- Upgraded Solid Silver Headjoint – Professional Brezza Cut
- Silver Plated Body
- Silver Plated Keys
- French-Style Pointed Arms
- Open Holes
- Off-Set G with Split E Mechanism
- C# Trill Key
- D# Roller
- Low B Foot with gizmo
Brezza Cut Headjoint
The Pearl Brezza headjoint offers a rich, sweet & focused sound on the Pearl 665 flute. By utilizing a slightly smaller design on the back of the blowing side of the lip plate and a lip plate drop off that is not as drastic as the Forza, the Brezza flute offers a wonderful balance between tonal depth and power. For players that tend to prefer the more American style professional flute design, the Brezza headjoint will impress.
Kessler Custom Piccolo Bundle Offer
Every great flute needs a great piccolo! Well, not really “NEEDS” but let’s be honest, what player who has a great flute (like this Pearl 665 Quantz) doesn’t want a piccolo of the same caliber? However, good piccolos tend to be more expensive than good flutes! So, in order to provide you with a better value, we allow you to bundle one of our own Kessler Custom Artist Series Composite piccolos for only $200.00 more! That’s a savings of $349.00!!
Wood Headjoint Upgrade Option
We now also offer the Kessler Custom Piccolo with a new Symphonic Cut wood headjoint. This option costs more than the composite obviously so we will allow you to simply pay the difference ($300).
Make sure that you select it at the time of the order! Check it out below:
This is a limited time promotion! Get your’s today!!
Why Get a Flute with C# Trill Key?
A flute with C# trill key can do several unique things that you cannot do without it. Here is a list of the most common:
- B to C# in the First and Second Octaves: By providing the C# with a full-sized tone hole, the intonation is better. Additionally, the two-finger trill is avoided.
- C to C# in the First and Second Octaves: Moved from the first finger left hand to the first finger right hand, the trill is generally faster and better in tune.
- High G to A in the Third Octave: Perhaps the better name for the C# trill key would be the High G to A trill key. Finger high G and trill the C# trill and the upper trill key. An otherwise awkward, treacherous, and too-common trill is made easy.
- High G to Ab: Better in tune and much more comfortable.
- High F# to G#: Finger high F# and trill the C# Trill Key. Much easier than the conventional fingering.
- High Ab to Bb: A Mahler favorite. Finger the high Ab and trill both trill keys and the C# Trill Key.
- Tremolos and Shakes: All the first octave, left-hand notes can be tremoloed with C# by just using the C# Trill Key. The same notes can be tremoloed with D natural by using the C# Trill Key and the upper trill key together.
- Pianissimo high Ab: Play second octave Ab with all the left hand keys depressed, add the C# Trill and the high Ab will appear softly and in tune.
Every Pearl 665 flute that we send out to a customer is not released from us unless it has been completely setup in our shop first. This is because the setup on your flute is of the utmost importance! Sometimes, an instrument (regardless of who the manufacturer or the price point is) comes in needing 20 minutes of adjustments and then the very next one can require 2 hours!
This is why we perform our setup in our ProShop on your new Pearl 665 flute before delivering it to you. You trust us with your purchase and we want to make sure that you are rewarded by giving you your new flute setup flawlessly!
Custom Pearl 665 Flute Specifications
|Headjoint||Solid Silver Headjoint – Professional Brezza Cut|
|Key Mechanism||Open Hole|
|Key Arms||French Style Pointed Arm, Silver Plated|
|Special Features||Off-Set G with Split E Mechanism, C# Trill Key, D# Roller|
|Case||French Style Case with Case Cover|
|Setup||Professional level setup performed by Chuck Kessler prior to shipping.|
|Warranty||1 Year covering defects in workmanship & material as well as pads & adjustments (through Kessler shop)|