Di Zhao Handmade D-Series SP Professional Flute
Handmade | Sterling Body & Head | Boston Series Headjoint | Professional Mechanism
Di Zhao flutes are the result of the expertise that Di Zhao has gained over his career as a professional flautist as well as on the manufacturing side of the professional flute market. With over 20 years of experience at companies such as Verne Q. Powell & Wm.S. Haynes, Di Zhao has taken his wealth of experience and poured them in to these wonderful flutes that now bare his name. With the newest model to the Di Zhao Handmade D-Series line, the new SP model features an unmatched level of performance and value in a true professional, affordable flute.
Di Zhao Handmade D-Series SP Model
The SP model is the most affordable model in the Di Zhao Handmade Flute line. Featuring the pro line Boston style headjoint and the same Sterling Body used on the more expensive S model, the SP model utilizes silver plated keywork to offer a more affordable option for players.
Di Zhao Handmade D-Series SP Specifications
- Handmade Professional Flute
- Solid Silver “Boston” Professional Headjoint
- Optional 10k or 14k Gold Risers
- Solid Silver (.016″ wall) Body Tube
- Optional “Heavy Wall” .018″ Body
- Solid Silver Body Ribs & Silver Posts
- Solid Silver Headjoint Barrel
- Silver Plated Keywork with Handmade Pinless Mechanism
- 10k White Gold Springs
- Pisoni S-2 Professional Pads
- Available in Off-Set or Inline G
- Optional Split E
- Optional C# Trill
FREE Kessler Custom Piccolo with new Di Zhao Handmade Flute!
Every great flute needs a great piccolo! Well, not really “NEEDS” but let’s be honest, what player who has a great flute (like this Di Zhao Handmade Flute) doesn’t want a piccolo of the same caliber? However, good piccolos tend to be more expensive than good flutes! So, in order to provide you with a better value, we allow you to bundle one of our own Kessler Custom Artist Series Composite piccolos for FREE!!
Piccolo with Wood Headjoint Option
We now also offer the Kessler Custom Piccolo with a new Symphonic Cut wood headjoint. This option costs more than the composite obviously so we will allow you to simply pay the difference ($300). You can also choose to get the piccolo with BOTH headjoints for a little more ($350 total).
Make sure that you select it at the time of the order!
About the Di Zhao Handmade D-Series
Di Zhao Handmade flutes are available in 2 series, the D-Series and the S-Series.
- Di Zhao Handmade D-Series – Professional Handmade Flute, Drawn Toneholes
- Di Zhao Handmade S-Series – Professional Handmade Flute, Soldered Toneholes
There is also the GS Series which is based on the D-Series as it has Drawn Toneholes. The GS Series offers a body tubing that has a layer of gold fused to a layer of silver.
Di Zhao Handmade D-Series Models
The Di Zhao Handmade D-Series Flutes are available now in 3 models:
- Di Zhao Handmade D-Series D-SP – Sterling Head & Body, Silver Plated Keys
- Di Zhao Handmade D-Series D-S – Sterling Head, Body & Keys
- Di Zhao Handmade D-Series D-G14 – 14k Gold Body & Head, Sterling Keys
Pisoni S-2 Pads
Flute Pads can have a phenomenal impact on the performance, feel & response of a flute. Professional flutes tend to see a major upgrade in pads over intermediate models. In the case of the Di Zhao Handmade flutes, the Pisoni S-2 pad was chosen (specifically, the S2-US model with Delrin stabilizers). This pad features a CNC machined base made from Delrin in order to provide a firm feel to your new Di Zhao Handmade flute. This Delrin base is then covered with a very thin layer of microfibre in lieu of felt that is then covered in a double bladder skin layer. This setup provides a firm feel and for more power and response from the flute as the pad does not absorb the acoustics of the flute like a traditional felt and instead reflects more sound and power out.
The Pisoni S-2 pads were designed for high-end professional flutes and are a marvelous pairing to the Di Zhao Handmade flutes. However, these professional pads require a significantly more skilled and trained technician in order to adjust and regulate your new flute. Kessler & Sons Music has 3 fully trained technicians who have been trained how to properly handle and work on professional flutes and the higher end pads associated with them (such as the Pisoni S-2 & Straubinger pads).
C# Trill Key
The Di Zhao Handmade D-Series flutes are also available with a C# trill key. This key option can do several unique things that you cannot do without it. Here is a list of the most common:
- B to C# in the First and Second Octaves: By providing the C# with a full-sized tone hole, the intonation is better. Additionally, the two-finger trill is avoided.
- C to C# in the First and Second Octaves: Moved from the first finger left hand to the first finger right hand, the trill is generally faster and better in tune.
- High G to A in the Third Octave: Perhaps the better name for the C# trill key would be the High G to A trill key. Finger high G and trill the C# trill and the upper trill key. An otherwise awkward, treacherous, and too-common trill is made easy.
- High G to Ab: Better in tune and much more comfortable.
- High F# to G#: Finger high F# and trill the C# Trill Key. Much easier than the conventional fingering.
- High Ab to Bb: A Mahler favorite. Finger the high Ab and trill both trill keys and the C# Trill Key.
- Tremolos and Shakes: All the first octave, left-hand notes can be tremoloed with C# by just using the C# Trill Key. The same notes can be tremoloed with D natural by using the C# Trill Key and the upper trill key together.
- Pianissimo high Ab: Play second octave Ab with all the left hand keys depressed, add the C# Trill and the high Ab will appear softly and in tune.
Every Di Zhao Handmade D-Series Flute we send out to a customer is not released from us unless it has been completely setup in our shop first. This is because the setup on your flute is of the utmost importance! Sometimes, an instrument (regardless of who the manufacturer or the price point is) comes in needing 20 minutes of adjustments and then the very next one can require 2 hours!
This is why we perform our setup in our ProShop on your new Di Zhao Handmade Flute before delivering it to you. You trust us with your purchase and we want to make sure that you are rewarded by giving you your new flute setup flawlessly!
18 Month, 0% Interest Financing!
Purchase your new Di Zhao Handmade D-Series Flute from Kessler & Sons using First Mutual Finance with 18 Month, 0% Interest Financing!
Click Here for more information on financing program details and to apply!
18 Month, 0% Financing Option Available on New Instrument at Advertised New Price Only. 18 Month SAC cannot be combined with any other offer. Full details on financing page. Does not apply towards Store Used Demos or Used Instruments. Demos and Used models can still be financed under standard terms.